To prepare competent entry-level paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
The program is composed of three parts:
- Emergency Medical Technician Applied Technology Diploma (B312)
- Paramedic Certificate (6309)
- Required college and General Education courses
To enroll in this program the applicant must do the following:
- Meet the admission requirements of the Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (B312) program, apply for entry into the EMT program, be accepted and complete the EMT program
- Meet the admission requirements of the Paramedic Certificate (6309) program, apply for entry into the Paramedic certificate program, be accepted and complete the Paramedic certificate program
- Enroll in and complete required college and General Education courses, which may be completed at any time [except for BSC1084C , as this course is a prerequisite for the Paramedic Certificate (6309) program]
The Tallahassee Community College Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 15B, Clearwater, FL 33763, (727) 210-2350 (www.caahep.org)
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions: 8301 Lake View Parkway, Suite 111-312, Rowlett, TX 75088, Phone: (214) 703-8445, Fax: (214) 703-8992 (www.coaemsp.org)
This program is also approved by the State of Florida Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
73 credit hours
A student may declare the A.S. degree in EMS as his or her program of study at any time through the TCC Admissions and Records office. The student is not officially admitted into the A.S. degree program until the student is enrolled in or has completed the TCC Paramedic program. The student must contact the Healthcare Professions Division to be officially admitted into the A.S. degree program.
See Additional Healthcare Program Requirements for more important information.
View Healthcare Program Application Deadlines.
Healthcare Professions, Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
(850) 558-4500 or email@example.com
View Information about Graduation Requirements and Year of Entry .