To prepare students for the examinations offered by the National Board for Respiratory Care for employment as registered respiratory therapists who can safely and competently perform patient care by applying scientific principles to prevent, identify and treat acute and/or chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system.
This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (www.CoArc.com).
76 credit hours
- Be at least 17 years of age at the time at the time of entry into the program
- Complete all admission requirements to the College
- Have a cumulative, unrounded GPA of 2.5 for all college-level courses (See GPA for Respiratory Care .)
- Earn a grade of C or better in the three prerequisite courses listed below
The Respiratory Care program begins in the Fall semester. It is a limited-access program with a limited number of seats per class. Applicants must submit both a general TCC application (www.tcc.fl.edu/apply) and a separate healthcare program application by the published application deadline. Applicants may access the healthcare application through their TCC Passport account.
See Additional Healthcare Program Requirements for more important information.
View Healthcare Program Application Deadlines.
Healthcare Professions, Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
(850) 558-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
View Information about Graduation Requirements and Year of Entry